January Weather and Travel Plans

Well, we’re still waiting. I suppose last year spoiled us, but I’m of the mind that if it is not going to snow, it might as well be summer. Seeing how it rained almost 7 inches this month, it might not be a bad thing that it wasn’t as cold as last January. In fact it was quite a bit warmer than last Jan. with the average high being 8° warmer (51°)and the average low being 6° warmer (32°) than last year.

We have called about three other houses: all rented or in the wrong location. So we are still looking. And speaking of looking, in the last week, we have looked at two potential properties for the church. One is too big, too much, and would require a lot of work. The other might be just right in all areas—if they accept what we want to pay. Waiting to hear.

Friday I am going down to Dahlonega , GA to see an old friend that we used to know from Temple many years ago. They have traveled from Temple to Lubbock to State College, PA to Athens, GA in the same time that we went from Temple to Clarksville to Dallas to here. We’ve kept up via e-mail and an occasional phone call over the last 10 years, but it will be good to see him face to face. We also talked to some other friends from Temple a couple of nights ago, and they are planning on coming to see us this summer.

And speaking of summer. We are already deep in the planning stages: trying to keep from double booking our visit to Texas, camp for the girls, and visits from friends. It’s like a puzzle trying to get all the pieces to fit.

Finally, I am going to Texas in a couple of weeks. The church lets me go to a couple of conferences a year. Both of the ones I considered this spring are too far/too expensive/wrong time. While in seminary a couple of guys and I talked about how helpful it would be to get together every once in a while and do some intense sermon planning. So that is what we are going to do. We have a free place to stay, and my only cost will be a plane ticket, which will be half the price of gas/hotel/conference expense, and I am thinking it will be more productive and beneficial. The only problem is that my plane leaves Chattanooga at 7:00 A.M., and Chattanooga is two hours from here.

This entry was posted in Camp, Church, Friends, House, Travel, Weather. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s